Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Don't Bully Me, It Won't Work...

I suppose the blog has become a place for rants and raves, so I am going to take advantage of the medium.

I am tired of people (i.e PR people) trying to bully me into writing stories how they want them. If I say I am not including a project in the magazine, do not call/email me to harass me as to why...you will not like the answer.
You should just take it as what it is a a simple rejection, not everything can run, so pitch it somewhere else. If you ask me why I won't run it, I can't sugar coat it for you, and you won't like what I have to say.

The first response you will get is "It is a matter of taste, and it is not a good fit."
The second response you will get, if you keep pestering me, is brutal honesty, and then we might not be able to work on other projects because you will hold a grudge.

So don't try and bully me. I may work for a fashion magazine, but I am a trained journalist and I will not write you a puff piece that is a complete lie. If I write the story I will write it as I see fit, and you might not like it or me after.

So don't bully me, it won't work, and you won't like the results.
Other than that, have a nice day!!

No comments: