Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thicker than Jlo's Caboose

The air was so thick with heat and pollution yesterday, that every breath I took felt like I had attached my lips to the exhaust pipe of a Mack truck. I felt like I wasn’t really breathing at all, which let me tell you, is a very strange sensation. There is no cool breeze blowing, and no relief to step into the "fresh" air.

Yesterday I hopped in a cab to go downtown, and by the way the cabs are mostly old Fiats and Peugeots from the 1960's and 70's with interiors that look like a tiger attacked them. The poor cab driver, who looked no older than 25, and I were incessantly fanning ourselves....it did no good. The backs of my knees were even sweating, so much so that my leg kept slipping off the other one. Pretty picture isn't it.

Mr. Weather Man says it will be the same all week: 40ºC will be the lowest temperature until Saturday. Saturday will be a breezy 39ºC, oh goody!

I was planning on doing a walking tour of Old Cairo today, but I think that might have to wait until the Sun God, or should I say Sun Devil eases up a bit. I might try and hit a few air conditioned art galleries, and maybe head to a café, enjoy a Turkish/Greek coffee and read up on my new Lonely Planet Greece book. That’s right I am planning a little jaunt to Greece.

I figure if work is not really going as planned, I may as well make use of my time away and go see some places I have never seen. I may even pop by Croatia, and when I get home to Toronto I will be rich with stories, pitches and poor as hell in terms of money!
But such is life. Well, at least such is mine.

Oh and on a side note, it was Teresa's bday yesterday, HAPPY BDAY TERESA!! I had the urge to hear a friendly voice from home, so I called her up on my celly. And what do you know, I got two for the prcie of one! Miss Tbone was with Robbie Nice shopping for BBQ fixings. It was really nice to hear you guys. So nice in fact that I called Lily a little while later and had a good chat.

Oh and another little side note: Melanie and Krista, ANSWER YOUR PHONES!! Geesh!

Ok, tata for now

No comments: